The following notes provide an introduction to the forum. If you have any enquiries using the forum, please contact the administrator in the contact us button below for additional support.
The Australian Shareholders Association forum provides an excellent opportunity to communicate and exchange information. It is possibly the most useful approach to learning new ideas and gaining information on investing. The following should be helpful to new members.
WHAT IS A FORUM, A THREAD OR A POST?
There is often confusion with forum terms. The following terminology applies on this forum. The Australian Shareholders Association forum is an online discussion site or bulletin board. The Board index contains a number of forums which are made up of Threads and individual Posts.
For example, the Forum “Australian stocks” contains a number of Threads or Topics. Each thread is made up of individual Posts (where a post is a user’s contribution).
HOW DO I LOG ON EACH TIME?
• To logon to the forum click on the Login button and enter your username and password.
• Please note that when you finish with the forum if you just close it and do not logout, you will not have to logon at the next session.
SOME HINTS ON POSTING AND NAVIGATING ON THE FORUM
• If you want to post an item in reply to a previous post, click on the “Post Reply” button. You will be offered a new blank page. Type your entry on this page and click on the “Preview Post” button. This will show you exactly what your post will look like. You can edit your entry as much as you wish and when you are happy with the final preview, click on “Submit Reply”. Please note that your post will not enter the forum until you press “Submit Reply” so you can use this posting as a practice if you wish.
• If you want to start a new topic or thread, click on the appropriate forum and press the “New Topic” button. You may then enter your offering as was discussed in the previous paragraph on posting an entry.
• There are several ways to navigate within the forum. The basic methods are to click on the forum, thread or post. To return to a previous page simply use the back arrow at the top left of the page. Alternatives are to use the “New Posts” or the “Search” menus on the top toolbar or the forum “Jump to” command near the bottom right of the page.
We trust that you find the forum a worthwhile addition to the Australian Shareholders Association resources.
New to the forum? Come here for more information
1 post • Page 1 of 1