By accessing “ASA Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “ASA Forum”, “https://www.asaforum.com.au”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “ASA Forum”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “ASA Forum” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Limited”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “GNU General Public License v2” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “ASA Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “ASA Forum” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “ASA Forum” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
ASA's online forum is provided to discuss a range of investment topics of interest to members, broaden ASA's educational offerings and to promote networking opportunities amongst members. Users of this online forum are required to be financial members of the ASA and should their membership expire so will their access to this forum.
Therefore, users registering for the "ASA Forum", upon registration, are required to register with the email address that is associated with their ASA Membership. This step is to validate that all users upon registration are current financial members of the ASA.
All content within the forum reflects the views of individual participants only and does not necessarily represent the views held by ASA as an organisation.
1. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.
2. No one is permitted to make postings on the ASA Forum in their capacity as a representative of an AFSL Holder or as an Authorised representative of an AFSL Holder.
3. Postings are at best general information, not professional investment advice prepared by taking into account any individual circumstances and needs of particular investors. Therefore, before acting on the basis of what is said in a posting, you should:
a. Consider consulting a licensed adviser (ASIC's website at http://www.asic.gov.au has a list of licensed advisers); and
b. Visit ASIC's consumer website at MoneySmart for general guidance about investing.
4.You agree and understand that ASA shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill or any other matter relating to this service.
5. Members making postings are individually responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of their postings.
6. You agree not to use any obscene or offensive language to place on the online forum including any material that is profane, inaccurate, defamatory, false, inappropriate, threatening, hateful, constitutes junk mail or unauthorised advertising, infringes on any person’s privacy, violates copyright laws, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be in violation of any local, state, national, or international law or regulation. ASA reserves the right to remove any such content at any time without your consent.
7. Posts which ramp stocks or attempt any illegal activity will be removed.
8. To maintain relevant content, ASA reserves the right to remove messages we assess to be inappropriate or off topic and conduct editing we identify as reasonable. Although ASA can delete messages, you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages
9. We do not assume any responsibility for any websites or resources that are linked to our site or that you browse as a result of a referral you gained through a link posted on the discussion forum.
10. Please contact the Forum Administrator by email if you have good reason to suspect that any postings are inaccurate, are based on inside information, are likely to mislead or deceive people who view or use the postings or are not in accordance with the terms and conditions of our community.
11. ASA reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time, without cause, and without prior notice. Further, you agree that all terminations shall be made in ASA's sole discretion and that ASA shall not be liable to your or any third-party for any termination of your account.
12. You can use the contact us link on our site to send us comments and/or criticisms regarding content posted and we welcome any feedback related to the content and administration of the discussion forum. However, we reserve the right to make final decisions on all content posted.
Changes to terms and conditions
ASA may make changes to the terms of this agreement on this site. You agree to periodically review this agreement to be aware of any such revisions. Should the revision be unacceptable to you, you agree to stop accessing this online forum.
The Administrator of the Forum will review each registration for approval. Users will have full access to the forum once approved by the Administrator. Please allow up to 24 hours for registrations to be approved. Please contact the Administrator if you have not been approved by this period.
Registration requests and enquiries from non-members of the ASA or requests from those who have no affiliation with the ASA or it's members will be disregarded